Tuesday, February 21, 2017

About my love for the NBA

Ever since a kid, I was always mesmerized by the athleticism and level of focus NBA players possessed. I've been a loyal fan to my favorite player, Dwyane Wade, since 2005 as he has never failed to amaze. My favorite team growing up was the Boston Celtics. The history behind the organization is what captured me as a fan.

The NBA known to stand for "No Boys Allowed." That slogan is to represent the toughness and hard work ethic it takes each players to have for success. I used to watch their off-season workouts and thought it was so amazing to see the effort that they put in on a daily bases to achieve their goals. I always aspired to be an NBA player so at a young age, the specials that would come on television showing fans the work that they put in motivated me. I used to that motivation in my adolescent days to earn myself a full scholarship to player college basketball. Now that I have played my last collegiate basketball game, I've decided to continue my love of the game through blogging. The NBA is where amazing happens, so finding a topics to talk about won't be difficult.

Now that I am twenty three years of age, I have been able to see the drastic transition the NBA has made with the style of play. In 2007 a new player by the name of Kevin Durant touched the surface as a 7 foot ball player that can shoot and dribble. This kind of play had never been seen before at the level of which Durant was doing it. He expanded the game where nowadays, we don't see true centers, just stretched forwards. With the game evolving, it has now revolved around the superstars and how they want to play the game. I love the fast style of play and the way players make certain shots or moves look effortless.

Image result for nba

Gain full access of the NBA for more exclusive stories.

3 comments:

  1. You argue that that since Kevin Durant's breakout, the game revolves around the "stars" James, Curry, etc. But what about Michael Jordan? Did his airiness kick off the "star" as opposed to team, focus in the NBA? Or was Jordan merely the star in a league of nameless (at least compared to Jordan) players?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I'm a big fan of sports and basketball too and look forward to following this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading your blog posts. As a fellow sports fan I understand your fascination with the NBA. Although the NBA is not my favorite sport, I do agree the athletes are some of the best.

    ReplyDelete